Items for sale

Sunday, November 11, 2012

When you just can't decide.

What a month, a week long migraine, followed by the flu and for added discomfort my pelvis separated again.  Praising God though as I have recovered from the first two and daily I become more mobile with the help of my Chiropractor from the third. 

I picked this phonograph cabinet up quite awhile ago.  It had been stored outside in the elements so it had a fair bit of damage to it.  Which , of course, makes it perfect!  The top was crazed badly and sanding only damaged the veneer more.  It required some gluing to the body, but all in all it was all repairable.

The inside was in great shape.  


The base had great lines


My first colour choice was too washed out
The second was too ..........

After distressing, still too...not right.

While I was painting Two Shades of Gray I knew the  colour combination would work well for this piece as well.


Distressed just enough to show the first two colour attempts because, after all, it is part of the cabinets history now.

24 comments:

  1. I love all the "oops" colors showing through, Looks great now and new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Sometimes we just have to take the long way around to get where we want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I can't get a piece right, it sits for awhile. I know inspiration will hit...eventually.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Wow! It is just fantastic! You did an amazing job on this. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did pop over and share this on your link party.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous piece. I love the color combo and it is such a neat shape and size. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This piece now sits on the back of my truck,it has been sold.

      Delete
  5. Stopping over from Debbiedoo's party. Love the color choice! I think sometimes mistakes are for the best when painting! I know every time I mess up, it ends up working out in the end, and sometimes better than I imagined! Love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I do love the colour combo as well. I need to refrain from using it for awhile though.

      Delete
  6. Just beautiful - you can NEVER grow wrong with gray -!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can't. These two shades have become a standard colour for me. I will probably always have these on hand.

      Delete
  7. I know the feeling but none of that matters when we find satisfaction in the end, right? Congrats for sticking with it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing redo - it looks great! Visiting you from Debbiedoo's party and I am your newest GFC follower (us newbies have to stick together)! I would love if you would take the time to visit my blog and follow back - http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweet girl!! You've been nominated for the Liebster Award! http://www.therusticpig.com/2012/11/liebster-award-woo-hoo.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done an amazing job making this beautiful! You will be one of the features tomorrow at Make it Pretty Monday. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party tomorrow. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH thank you!!! I will watch for the party to go live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you've done with this old cabinet. The colors are perfect. Thank you for sharing your work. Blessings to you, Patti
    www.patricia-krank.blogspot.com Old Things New.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful! I love how the cabinet is made! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete