Friday, November 16, 2012

Just a tray

Some days I just  need to go build something.  I had been painting for several days and needed a break. This tray is the result.  I used what I had on hand in the shop and experimented on slanting out the ends.  


The tray sat for several weeks in my painting area and received many coats of paint.  Any time I was painting a piece I threw a coat of that colour on the tray as well.  It was blue, gray, gray, white, the final yellow is a mix 50/50 of white and Marigold milk paint.  I used candle was on a couple of the coats as well

Isn't the hardware gorgeous.   This is from my stock of hardware I picked up at one of my favourite haunts.  It is sprayed a nice cream, clear coated and then sanded back just a bit
 


 It makes a pretty, hot beverage centre.

8 comments:

  1. I know that feeling of just "building something". I have to say that the tray looks simply beautiful...and useful. (and I love your espresso machine!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. it really tidies up that corner. The espresso machine is my life line, all I drink are lattes.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and functional, what a great project. Thanks for sharing!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job. Simple and pretty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty. Love the hardware. Blessings to you, Patti
    www.patricia-krank.blogspot.com
    OldThingsNewBlog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I stopped over at your place and am now following you.

    ReplyDelete